- Paint a whole army, to a good standard.
- Collect and field a Warhammer Army.
- Play regularly.
The other thing i wanted to do since , oooh, about 2004, was actually start and commit to a writing project/diary/blog that wasnt entirely personal and "emo".
So, background/Fluff to Grumhelden's birth:
Grumhelden was born in 1993, and was a crap citadel dwarf that i was absurdly proud of. It was crap, really. Ugly paint and a horrible sculpt.
Grum was then reborn in 2006, when my mate said , quite innocently, try World of Warcraft, heres a buddy key. I have never forgiven him. Before I knew it my paint dried up, my mini's were sold and i was a shut-in.
Fast Forward to 2009 and i emerge , blinking and stunned , richer, older and a little concerned at my lack of "life".
So , as we do, we return to our first loves, fantasy, sci-fi and soldiers in skirts. Whats even better is the hobby is in a far better place than it's ever been. More rules, more mini's, more paints! It's awesome, truly!
I also find that i drift in and out of the hobby, and there is always a serindipedous release when i drift in, this time its Warmachine, with rebooted rules, plastic jacks that beg for magnets and a fresh energy.
It's also nice to see the spaceship game hot-drop just as I wander into the Game shop once more, thankyou Spartan, my second purchase is sealed :P
So my plan:
- grab some paints and brushes and get painting, and some mini's.
- Thanks to Ebay, 12 necromunda plastics, all identical, means i can grab some vallejo and some of the new Citadel range and play until i get the feel again.
- Grab some rules!
- Firestorm Armada, Warmachine Prime 2, and whatever the local guys are currently playing.
- Grab a Warhammer Boxed Set
- Loads of mini's to mess up, and the core of a dwarf army(what else would i play after all?)
- Load of Gobbo's to sell on ebay after giving them "pro-paint" arse-up jobs.
- A cool wee pony to sit atop my monitor :)
Until next time,
May your days be many, and your hardships few...