TMP hates GW...slow news monday

Ok, you have all seen arachnarok yes?



You know, the giant spider that costs less than CODBLOPS or the Cataclysm xpac for WoW?

Well, apparently the 30-odd quid is still too expensive for TMP:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=429814

I stopped going there some time ago after I realised its a place that is just negative about everything GW, even when the GW stuff is for once reasonably priced, actually good and useful for more than just 1 army or game.

That spider...oh god that spider, its so useful for so many situations, just off the top of my head (on my 15 minutes break at work at the moment):

Fantasy RPGs
Any Alien army in any game at any scale (15mm troops vs ULTRAGIANT spider alien?  Yes Please)
Zombies (everything has zombies in 2011, even my mums tea towels(seriously))
40k Tyranid conversions
Starship Troopers( mongoose games, now defunct)
WFRP
SciFi RPG

and all this in an easy to assemble plastic kit that begs to bought for a million reasons!  And its cheaper than a console game...I don't get what's not to like!

Fair enough you may not like the kit aesthetically, you may not like spiders, you may not like goblins, but in all fairness, you have to concede it is actually value for money.

Personally, I'll be adding to my Orcs and Goblins with two of the blighters, as my current army is heavily themed around spider riders as it is.

I just thank the FSM that I cant grok the naysayer mindset, and you know I'm a grumpy bastard on a good day!

The relentless negativity on TMP would turn anyone off from wargaming altogether , and yet it gets flung forward as a community hub full of good advice.  All I have ever read there in 7 years is negative diatribe about X system being a poor version of Y system, and that X is more expensive than Y and that X is not as good as Y used to be.

I hate Justin Beiber, but his existence is nothing to do with me, a male in my 30's, so I tend not to care or comment on it, positively or negatively, Jbeebs is not for me.  The worst thing I could do would be to frequent a music board and harp on constantly about NKOTB being better/sexier/whatever.  Yet that's exactly what TMP does every day.   Its moribund and shameful.

Where's the middle ground between TMP and BoLS?

There must be one?

Or are we it?  The opinionated and amazing blogosphere?

Lets have some positive action in the meta of wargaming!  The relentless negativity of comments and blogs (and yes, I know...me too) just grinds me down.  I love my hobby, we all do, it's a unique hobby in that those of us who are into it are *really* into it, and that makes me love it even more.

In other news, I am going to experiment with audio, there's a great local scene in Glasgow , and I would like to document it in a way that's more immediate than negative words on a TFT.

Until next time, I love you all, except TMP's gang of five.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts